Learn the Art and Science of Sound
Hamid Jabbar developed the Sound Practitioner Training course to provide an opening to the world of sound to students of all levels. This course has been attended in-person by hundreds of students, many of whom have gone on to become successful sound practitioners. This unique online version provides the opportunity for students anywhere to learn this deep practice.
Includes over 20-hours of instruction with videos and an in-depth training manual.
Those who complete the course receive Certification.
About The Training
Sound Practitioner Training is designed for both teachers and students who would like to begin using sound in public or private settings, or for those who are simply drawn to sound and wish to learn more.
The training covers:
History & Theory of Sound
- History of Sound in Yoga and Shamanic lineages
- Use of Sound in Meditation and Therapy (aka Sound Healing)
- Science of Harmonics and Overtones
- Importance of Non-Equal Temperament
- Use of Sound in Working with Chakra
- Responsible Use of Terminology: Sound Healing, Sound Bath, Gong Bath, Gongmaster, Vibrational Healing, etc.
- Physical Effects of Sound: Nervous System, Vagal Nerve, Cellular Responses, Brainwaves
Use of Sound in Ceremonial Settings
- Conducting a Sound Classes and Private Sessions
- Types of Gongs and Cultural Uses
- History of Gong and
- Metallic Overtone Emitting Instruments
- Energetics of Gong Playing
- Gong Meditation
- The 39 Gong Strokes
- Friction Mallets (Flumies)
- Hand Gong Techniques
- Types of Bowls: Crystal Types, Metallic
- Energetics and the Chakra
- Playing Techniques and Styles
- Use of Drone
- Vocalization and Bowls: Toning, Chanting
- Shamanic Journeying
- Use of Frame Drum in Meditation
- Hand Drum Techniques and Rhythms
- Playing for Yourself and Others
- Invoking the Medicine of the Drum
- Use of Other Percussion Instruments: Shakers, Rattles, Wave/Ocean Drums, Rain Sticks, etc.
- Accessing Your Voice Even if You Think You Can’t Sing
- Overtone Singing
- Singing and Chanting with Shruti Box, Bowls, and Drone
- History of Flutes
- How to Play Native American Flute
- Playing Flute with Other Instruments
A Fun Peak Inside the Training
Check out some of what is offered...
Hamid Jabbar has been working with sound for over 25 years and teaching others for over a decade. His annual Sound Practitioner Trainings have been attended by hundreds of students in-person. Hamid holds a Bachelor of Music from NYU and Doctorate from UCLA, amongst other credentials.
Video tutorials and a detailed training manual demystify playing techniques and styles. Students will learn exactly how Sound Practitioners bring these instruments to life. Students will have continuing access to the learning materials to revisit as needed.
Hamid's expertise encompasses traditional Sound Healing as well as the shamanic styles. Learning Native American Flute and Shamanic Drumming as well as how to incorporate these instruments into practices with Gongs and Singing Bowls adds a unique element to the Sound Practitioner's skillset.
Sound is Good Medicine
In this day and age, sound is becoming an increasingly popular way of soothing our bodies, minds, and spirits. More and more people are recognizing the benefits of working with sound in the healing context. And, more and more opportunities are being created for Sound Practitioners to work in this field. This training can be the first step in a beautiful journey.
Join the Family of Sound Practitioners
Since 2018, we have added hundreds of Sound Practitioners to our family. Many have come to Arizona for our in-person training, though a growing number are completing their certifications in our online program. Below are some photos of just a few of our graduates in action.
Explore Your Creativity
We go beyond what you might learn in other Sound Practitioner Trainings to give you ideas of how to creatively combine instruments. Here is an example of how to use the Voice, one Crystal Bowl, a Harmonium (played with Hamid's foot), and a Native American Style Flute. In the Online training, Hamid breaks this down for you.
Follow @hamid.jabbar and @sonoransound on Instagram for similar content
Hello, I'm Hamid and I will be Your Guide
I created this course out of my love of Sound, and a desire to provide the absolute best instruction possible in an online format.
You can read more about my history with sound here if you would like, or find me on Instagram @hamid.jabbar. My personal website is located at www.hamidjabbar.com, and you can always message me there if you like.
I'm a frequent guest on Podcasts discussing all things Sound, Health, and Consciousness, so you may have already heard me and not realized it was me.
Some of Hamid's Sound Healing Albums
Sonoran Sound Singing Bowls vol. 1
Hamid's 2017 album features the sound of clear quartz crystal bowls for meditation and sleep. Find the album on all major platforms.
Prophecies of the Eagle
In Hamid's second full-length album, the sounds of singing bowls, gongs and flutes take the listener on a deep journey through the astral realms.
Mantras for Peace & Healing
In Hamid's third studio album, he returns to basics with a series of chants accompanied by harmonium.